Whenever possible the director will:
- Have satisfactorily served at the member (committee) level for at least one year
- Have experience as a business owner/depth of understanding of small business
- Have interest in and knowledge of issues that affect the region
- Live or have property (residential or business) within the Alberni-Clayoquot region
- Be fluent in english
- Demonstrate an understanding of an interest in the region's economy
Applications for membership are considered throughout the year. Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to the Chair.
Membership applications are considered at board meetings. The decision of the Board will be relayed to the applicant.
Recognizing diversification adds value; Community Futures will endeavour to attract directors that are part of, work with or demonstrate an understanding of various stakeholder groups.
Candidates for Directorship will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin or disability.
Directors are appointed for one or two year terms at the Annual General Meeting.
No director will serve in excess of nine (9) consecutive years.